Fact Checking Joe Biden. He lies on a regular basis. So I thought I should post a few videos and comments. Biden said that Trump told the Proud boys to wait till after the election to riot. Sit back and enjoy.
BIDEN: “The fact is that I’ve gone head to head with Putin.”
FACT: Biden has a record of being weak on Russia.
- The Russia “reset,” which Biden was the first Obama official to publicly propose, was a failure.
- The Obama-Biden Administration refused requests by Ukraine for lethal weapons to use against Russian aggression in Crimea.
- Russian election interference occurred on Biden’s watch.
- In 2012, Biden mocked the idea that “Russia is still our major adversary,” saying Russia was “working closely with us.”
BIDEN: “We have a higher deficit with China now than we did before.”
FACT: The trade deficit with China is falling and “fell sharply” in 2019.
BIDEN: “The fact of the matter is violent crime went down 17%, 15%, in our administration.”
- Meanwhile, the FBI recently announced that violent crime has fallen during the first three years of the Trump Administration.
BIDEN: “You don’t have to solicit the ballot, it’s sent you—it’s sent to your home. What we are saying is, they are saying it has to be postmarked by Election Day. If it doesn’t get in until the seventh, eighth, ninth, it still should be counted. He’s just afraid of counting the votes because of the outcome.”
FACT: Biden is wrong that states with mass vote by mail require postmarks; Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court explicitly said ballots, even those without postmarks, will be assumed to be valid.
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court recently ruled that ballots received up to three days after Election Day, even if they’re not postmarked, must be counted.
- In Wisconsin, ballots that were not postmarked in time for an April 7 ballot-measure election were counted in some counties.
BIDEN: “The way you talk about the military, the way you talk about them being losers and being ah- and just being suckers.”
FACT: At least 14 officials who were on the trip to France with President Trump have gone on the record to refute the anonymous sources and allegations in The Atlantic article.
- Sarah Sanders, former White House Press Secretary: “The Atlantic story on @realDonaldTrump is total BS. I was actually there and one of the people part of the discussion – this never happened.”
- Hogan Gidley, former White House Deputy Press Secretary: “These are disgusting, grotesque, reprehensible lies. I was there in Paris and the President never said those things.”
- Dan Scavino, White House Deputy Chief Of Staff for Communications: “I was with POTUS in France, with Sarah, and have been at his side throughout it all. Complete lies by ‘anonymous sources’…”
- Jordan Karem, former Personal Aide to President Trump: “This is not even close to being factually accurate. plain and simple, it just never happened.”
- Karem: “Again, this is 100% false. I was next to @POTUS the whole day! The President was greatly disappointed when told we couldn’t fly there. He was incredibly eager to honor our Fallen Heroes.”
- Johnny DeStefano, former Counselor to the President: “I was on this trip. The Atlantic bit is not true. Period.”
- John Bolton, former National Security Advisor: “‘I didn’t hear that,’ Mr. Bolton said in an interview. ‘I’m not saying he didn’t say them later in the day or another time but I was there for that discussion.’”
- Stephen Miller, White House Senior Adviser: The accusation is a “despicable lie … The president deeply wanted to attend the memorial event in question and was deeply displeased by the bad weather call.”
- Tony Ornato, White House Deputy Chief of Staff and then-Head of the Secret Service’s Presidential Protective Detail has said the story is false.
- Derek Lyons, Staff Secretary and Counselor to the President: “I was with the President the morning after the scheduled visit. He was extremely disappointed that arrangements could not be made to get him to the site, and that the trip had been cancelled.”
- Dan Walsh, former White House Deputy Chief Of Staff: “I can attest to the fact that there was a bad weather call in France, and that the helicopters were unable to safely make the flight.”
- Zach Fuentes, former White House Deputy Chief of Staff: “I did not hear POTUS call anyone losers when I told him about the weather.”
- First Lady Melania Trump: “@TheAtlantic story is not true. It has become a very dangerous time when anonymous sources are believed above all else, & no one knows their motivation. This is not journalism – It is activism. And it is a disservice to the people of our great nation.”
- Jamie McCourt, U.S. Ambassador to France and Monaco: “In my presence, POTUS has NEVER denigrated any member of the U.S. military or anyone in service to our country. And he certainly did not that day, either. Let me add, he was devastated to not be able to go to the cemetery at Belleau Wood. In fact, the next day, he attended and spoke at the ceremony in Suresnes in the pouring rain.”
- Major General William Matz (ret.), Secretary of the American Battle Monuments Commission: “I was the host of the event discussed by the false and despicable article published in The Atlantic magazine on 3 September. On 10 November 2018, I was at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery awaiting the arrival of President Trump. As a former Army infantryman who has flown on many helicopters, I knew that morning the weather was bad and the ceiling was too low for a safe landing that day. When the President’s visit was appropriately canceled due to weather, I received word also that he was upset he would not be able to make the wreath-laying visit and to pay his respect to the 2300 fallen soldiers and Marines interred there. … Those who know President Trump know that the anonymous smears peddled by The Atlantic have no basis in fact or reality, and do a terrible disservice to journalism and to our veterans, living and deceased.”
- Additionally, The Atlantic’s reporting has been refuted by a White House email and Navy documents that directly show a “bad weather call” was the reason for the canceled presidential trip to Aisne-Marne cemetery in 2018.
BIDEN: “Look, what I support is the police having the opportunity to deal with the problems they face. I am totally opposed to defunding the police officers.”
FACT: As Vice President, Joe Biden oversaw cuts in federal funding for state and local law enforcement, breaking a pledge to increase funding.
- Biden said “yes, absolutely” when asked if he would redirect funding away from police to other government programs like housing.
- Kamala Harris recently said a Biden-Harris Administration would “reimagine” public safety, which is the same language used by left-wing “defund the police” activists.
- The Biden-Sanders unity platform’s proposed destruction of qualified immunity for police would financially eviscerate local police departments even further.
- Biden cut police funding when he was Vice President.
- Despite candidate-Biden’s promise in 2008 to fully fund the COPS program, the Obama-Biden Administration slashed COPS funding from $1.55 billion to $222 million.
- At the time, police groups protested the Obama-Biden cuts, calling the funding reductions “simply irresponsible.”
- Federal funding for state and local law enforcement fell during the Obama-Biden Administration.
BIDEN: “Even before COVID, manufacturing went in the hole.”
FACT: Half a million manufacturing jobs were created during the first three years of the Trump Administration.
- The economy added 510,000 new manufacturing jobs between President Trump’s Election and February 2020.
- In 2018, the U.S. added 264,000 new manufacturing jobs, the best one-year total in 30 years.
- The U.S. has added more than 13,000 factories under President Trump.
- During the Obama-Biden Administration, the United states lost 192,000 manufacturing jobs.
- During the Trump Administration’s first 37 months, manufacturing production grew at a rate 11 times greater than the last 37 months under the Obama-Biden Administration.
TRUMP: “[Hunter Biden] got $3.5 million dollars.” BIDEN: “That is not true.”
FACT: The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee recently released a report saying that Hunter Biden’s firm did in fact receive $3.5 million from the wife of the Mayor of Moscow.
- Biden’s firm, Rosemont Seneca Thornton, received a $3.5 million wire transfer in 2014 from Russian billionaire Elena Baturina, the wife of the former mayor of Moscow.
BIDEN: “[President Trump] said there were very fine people on both sides.”
- Fact checkers have debunked Biden’s claim and said that President Trump condemned white supremacists and neo-Nazis.
- CNN’s Jake Tapper admitted that President Trump did in fact condemn Neo-Nazis.
- Fox News’ Brit Hume has debunked the “very fine people” lie.
BIDEN: “We inherited the worst recession short of a depression in American history. I was asked to bring it back. We were able to have an economic recovery that created the jobs you’re talking about. We handed him a booming economy.”
FACT: Biden oversaw the slowest recovery since the Great Depression, leaving behind millions of hard-working Americans.
- Joe Biden’s economic recovery was a once-in a century failure: he’s even said so himself.
BIDEN: “The economy is busted.”
FACT: Before the coronavirus pandemic, President Trump built the greatest economy in American history, and he is working to bring it back.
- Through the first three years of the Trump Administration, the U.S. economy saw nearly 7.3 million new jobs, higher growth, and a record setting stock market.
- Workers saw higher wages, lower taxes, record low unemployment rates, and a thriving labor market.
- 6.6 million Americans were lifted out of poverty and millions were lifted off food stamps.
- In just four months, the economy has already recovered over 10.6 million jobs, nearly half the jobs lost due to the pandemic.
WALLACE: “The president says it’s a V-shaped recovery, you say it’s a K-shaped recovery. What’s the difference?” BIDEN: “The difference is millionaires and billionaires like him in the middle of the Covid crisis have done very well.”
FACT: President Trump is leading an unprecedented economic recovery that is benefitting all Americans.
- The economy has added back 10.6 million jobs over the last four months, half of all the jobs lost due to the pandemic.
- The unemployment rate fell to 8.4% in August and saw the second-largest one month decrease in U.S. history.
- Retail sales have increased four months in a row, with consumer spending already reaching pre-pandemic levels.
- Consumer confidence in September posted the biggest gain in 17 years.
- Weekly jobless claims continue a downward trend, beating expectations and falling to their lowest level since mid-March.
- American manufacturing has grown for four straight months.
- The stock market has rebounded, with the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq both recently achieving new record highs.
TRUMP: “But he wants to shut it [the economy] down.” BIDEN: “No.”
FACT: Biden and his campaign have admitted that he would potentially shut down the economy again.
- In August, Joe Biden openly said that he was prepared to shut down the country again.
- Biden campaign spokesperson Symone Sanders admitted that Biden would shut down the economy again.
- Biden surrogate Senator Chris Coons admitted Biden would shut down the economy again.
WALLACE: “But you and Senator Harris are saying you can’t trust a scientist.” BIDEN: “No, you can trust a scientist. She didn’t say that.” WALLACE: “She said they would be ‘muzzled and suppressed.’” BIDEN: “Well, that’s what he’s going to try and do.”
FACT: President Trump has listened to scientists and public health experts every step of the way.
- Dr. Fauci has said on multiple occasions that he has never been muzzled.
- FactCheck.org: “Biden went too far when he claimed that Trump ‘hasn’t allowed his scientists to speak’ about the coronavirus.”
BIDEN: “What did he do? He went in, and he, we were insisting that the Chinese, the people we had on the ground in China should be able to go to Wuhan and determine for themselves how dangerous this was. He didn’t even ask [Chinese President] Xi to do that.”
FACT: The Trump Administration first tried to get American officials into China in early January; Biden didn’t call for sending experts into China until February 25, 50 days later.
- This often repeated claim by Biden has been repeatedly debunked by fact-checkers.
- The Washington Post fact checker gave Biden’s claim three Pinocchios.
- CDC Director Robert Redfield offered to send CDC experts to China as early as January 4, and the issue was raised multiple times by Administration officials in the weeks after.
- President Trump personally raised the issue in a call with Chinese leader Xi Jinping.
- Biden did not call on China to admit U.S. experts until February 25, after U.S. officials were already on the ground.
BIDEN: “He’s been promising a health care plan since he got elected. He has none, like almost everything else he talks about. He does not have a plan. He doesn’t have a plan.”
FACT: President Trump has a health care plan.
- On September 24, President Trump unveiled his America First Health Care plan, outlining the key policies and reforms the President supports, including protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions.
- In August, President Trump released his second term agenda, which includes health care as a central focus.
BIDEN: “We expand Obamacare and we increase it. We do not wipe any and, one of the big debates we had, with 23 of my colleagues trying to win the nomination that I won, were saying Biden wanted to allow people to have private insurance still. They can. They do. They will.”
FACT: Biden’s public option will crowd out private health insurance plans.
- Biden’s government-backed “public option” will crowd out private health insurance plans, destroying the health care that 180 million Americans rely on.
- One of the architects of Obamacare, Jonathan Gruber, said a public option would crowd out private insurance.
- In 2009, Barack Obama admitted that a “public option” could crowd out private insurance.
“I don’t own any stocks,” Biden said as an attack against President Trump for (gasp) focusing on the stock market.
BIDEN: “There’s a hundred million people with preexisting conditions and [their insurance will] be taken away as well.”
Joe Biden: "If I were running…" 🥴💫pic.twitter.com/vvmnxwHL9v
— ᏔმƦ𝔢ჳ💤 (@mooncult) September 30, 2020
WATCH: During an interview with MSNBC, Joe Biden misrepresented a quote from @KellyannePolls. She didn’t say that the violence happening in Democrat-run cities is "better for us." Here’s the video comparing the two sets of comments… pic.twitter.com/n1ehpRXKvr
— TV News HQ (@TVNewsHQ) August 27, 2020
Literally in the same answer…
Biden smears President Trump as a racist
Then lectures everyone how important teaching white privilege is because insults can be "very demeaning" and we "don't want to hurt other people's feelings" pic.twitter.com/Hq43SKD4UX
— Elizabeth Harrington (@LizRNC) September 30, 2020
Antifa is terrorizing cities all over the country.
Yet Joe Biden acts like they don’t even exist. pic.twitter.com/gpig1Ry6jc
— Ronna McDaniel (@GOPChairwoman) September 30, 2020
A wall will not stop the coronavirus.
Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.
This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) March 13, 2020
Joe Biden did call members of the military “stupid bastards.”
— James Hirsen (@thejimjams) September 30, 2020
LONG BEACH, CA: WE’LL JUST LEAVE IT TO YOUR IMAGINATION… pic.twitter.com/DM0Kt5bPdM
— 🇺🇸🦅M💥A💥G💥A🦅🇺🇲 (@BlessUSA45) October 1, 2020