Share the post "Highland Park Shooter News"
Highland Park Suspect’s Dad Reveals Disturbing Final Conversation with Son Before Massacre
The Highland Park, Illinois, mass shooting suspect, Robert Crimo III, 21, had a conversation about mass shootings the night before he allegedly committed his crimes.
On July 4, Crimo is believed to have opened fire on a crowded Independence Day parade, killing seven.
Crimo’s father, Robert Crimo Jr., spoke with the New York Post following the incident.
During the interview, Crimo Jr. walked through the final conversation he and his son had together.
“I talked to him 13 hours before [Monday’s massacre]. That’s why I guess I’m in such shock. … Like, did he have a psychiatric break or something?” Crimo Jr. said of his son.
The two were talking about the July 2 mass shooting in Denmark where a 22-year-old suspect reportedly shot and killed three people and wounded several others.
“He goes, ‘Yeah, that guy is an idiot.’ That’s what he said!” Crimo Jr. said.
Crimo III then went on to speculate on the average mass shooter’s intentions, his father said.
“People like that … [commit mass shootings] to amp up the people that want to ban all guns,” Crimo III said, according to his father.
In the days since the July 4 shooting, many stories have broken regarding Crimo III’s bizarre behavior.
For example, on Wednesday, Crimo’s mother discovered a “chilling” image painted on the back of her house, presumably by Crimo III.
The mural depicts a smiley-face figure brandishing a rifle.
In 2019, Crimo III allegedly threatened to kill his relatives.
Police then confiscated “a sword, dagger and 15 knives” from the now suspected mass shooter.
Three months later, Crimo Jr. sponsored his son’s application for a gun license, allowing Crimo III to purchase firearms before the age of 21.
“They make me like I groomed him to do all this,” Crimo Jr. said, referring to those who have since criticized his decision to sponsor his son’s gun license.
“I’ve been here my whole life, and I’m gonna stay here, hold my head up high, because I didn’t do anything wrong.”
Highland Park Massacre Suspect’s First Court Appearance Turns Bizarre as His Attorney Quits Mid-Hearing
Highland Park shooting suspect Robert Crimo III lost his attorney on Wednesday as he made his first court appearance.
In a video hearing, defense attorney Tom Durkin was first unable to access the Zoom session.
Once that glitch was resolved, a more serious one emerged. Durkin, who had been hired by Crimo’s family, said he has since learned he has a potential conflict of interest.
Tweets logged the confusion as it played out.
That means Crimo, who was ordered to be held without bail, will be represented by a public defender.
Crimo’s only comment during the hearing was to say he did not have an attorney.
During his court appearance, prosecutors said more than 80 rounds were fired Monday in the shooting that left seven people dead and at least 38 wounded, according to CBS.
Lake County Major Crimes Task Force spokesman Chris Covelli stated that Crimo drove to Wisconsin after the Highland Park shooting. Crimo “seriously contemplated using the firearm he had in his vehicle to commit another shooting in Madison” after seeing a celebration in that community.
Covelli said Crimo had a second rifle and 60 rounds of ammunition with him. Crimo disposed of his cell phone in Middleton, Wisconsin, and then went back to Illinois.
Lake County Assistant State’s Attorney Ben Dillon said during Crimo’s bond hearing that Crimo made a voluntary confession. Prosecutors said Crimo confessed to dressing in women’s clothing and using makeup to cover his tattoos.