Categories
Biden Cartel Corruption Crime Elections Government Overreach Hate Lawfare Poetic Justice The Courts

Karma’s a B*tch, Ain’t It, Fani?

Karma’s a B*tch, Ain’t It, Fani?

Fani Willis / Nathan Wade

A Georgia appeals court has disqualified Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis from her election-related criminal case against President-elect Donald Trump, although the indictment still stands.

Willis’s office charged Trump and his codefendants in 2023 for what they alleged was a scheme to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Georgia illegally. They pleaded not guilty.

However, Willis’s case hit a snag in early 2024 after it was revealed that she had a romantic relationship with the case’s then-special prosecutor, Nathan Wade. A Fulton County judge in March ruled that Willis could remain as prosecutor if Wade resigned, which he later did.

Trump and multiple codefendants appealed the judge’s decision to the Georgia Court of Appeals, which rendered its decision on Willis Thursday morning.

“After carefully considering the trial court’s findings in its order, we conclude that it erred by failing to disqualify DA Willis and her office,” the Georgia Court of Appeals’s majority wrote in its decision.

The court added that a “remedy crafted by the trial court to prevent an ongoing appearance of impropriety did nothing to address the appearance of impropriety that existed at times when DA Willis was exercising her broad pretrial discretion about who to prosecute and what charges to bring.”

Earlier this year, Trump codefendant Michael Roman alleged in court papers that Willis and Wade were in a romantic relationship.

During a court hearing weeks later, both Wade and Willis admitted to being romantically involved, although the pair denied allegations that either of them benefited financially from the arrangement. They also disputed claims that their relationship started after Wade was hired as a special prosecutor and ended in the summer of 2023.

In rendering a decision to allow Willis to stay on the case, Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee wrote that an “odor of mendacity” persisted in light of the allegations against the district attorney and Wade.

McAfee also admonished Willis for the “unprofessional manner” in how she conducted herself during the evidentiary hearing and showed a “lapse in judgment.” He also chided her for what he described as racially charged statements she made at a church in Atlanta after Roman made the allegations against her.

However, the judge said he was not able to conclusively establish that there was a conflict of interest.

Throughout the court battle, Willis has defended her own conduct and Wade’s qualifications. During a CNN interview earlier this year, Willis said she believes the appeals court proceedings were only an attempt to slow down the case.

“I do think that there are efforts to slow down the train, but the train is coming,” Willis said at the time, adding that she does not believe her relationship with Wade impacted the case.

The case against Trump and the others, including former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, had been stalled for months as the appeals court considered the Willis removal petition.

The ruling Thursday now means that the Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia will have to find another prosecutor to take over the case and decide whether to pursue it, though that could be delayed if Willis appeals to higher courts.

It appears unlikely that prosecution against Trump will continue as he prepares to be president for the next four years. But 14 other defendants still face charges.

Prosecutors dropped two federal criminal cases against Trump since he won the presidency in November.

Meanwhile, a judge in New York has said he would not throw out Trump’s conviction in May on the case alleging 34 counts of falsifying business records, though the future of that case is uncertain.

Categories
Biden Cartel Commentary Democrat Links from other news sources. The Courts

Federal Court Rules Defamation Suit Against MSNBC’s Andrew Weissmann Can Proceed.

Federal Court Rules Defamation Suit Against MSNBC’s Andrew Weissmann Can Proceed.

A federal court has denied a motion by anti-Trump pundit Andrew Weissmann to dismiss a defamation suit by former White House lawyer Stefan Passantino over false claims that he had coached a January 6 Committee witness to lie.

This case tells us that we need to get another Congressional hearing on those who testified on January 6. Also get the folks who the Democrats refused to call for what evidence they had.

In September, U.S. District Court Judge Loren AliKhan denied a motion from MSNBC legal analyst and attorney Andrew Weissmann to dismiss a complaint filed by Stefan Passantino, who represented former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson before she became the Jan. 6 Committee’s star witness.

“This is an insidious lie,” Passantino’s lawsuit reads. “Ms. Hutchinson even testified, under penalty of law: ‘I want to make this clear to you: Stefan [Passantino] never told me to lie. … He told me not to lie.”

Categories
Back Door Power Grab Corruption Democrat Elections Harris Cartel Immigration Leftist Virtue(!) Reprints from others. The Courts The Law

Leftists in panic: SCOTUS Lets Virginia Resume “Purge” of Voter Rolls of Non-citizens Before Election.

Reported by USA Today, an obvious leftist publication.

Leftists in panic: SCOTUS Lets Virginia Resume “Purge” of Voter Rolls of Non-citizens Before Election.

WASHINGTON − The Supreme Court on Wednesday allowed Virginia to reinstate a purge of suspected noncitizens from voter rolls.

Over the objections of the three liberal justices, the court accepted an emergency request from state officials to intervene after lower courts stopped a state program that had removed more than 1,600 names since Aug. 7.

The majority did not give a reason for their decision, which is common in emergency orders.

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, a Republican, called the order a “victory for commonsense and election fairness.”

Danielle Lang, senior director for voting rights at the Campaign Legal Center, which represented advocacy groups in the lawsuit, called it “outrageous” to allow “a last-minute purge that includes many known eligible citizens.”

Sign-up for Your Vote: Text with the USA TODAY elections team.

“But the voters will decide this election, not the courts,” Lang said. “Eligible Virginia voters should know that regardless of this purge they can register to vote on Election Day & cast their ballots.”

Voting rights groups fought the state policy because it removed naturalized citizens from the rolls if they had previously declared themselves noncitizens on motor vehicle forms. Youngkin’s program had notified suspected noncitizens they would be removed if they didn’t affirm their citizenship within 14 days.

But because years might have passed since the motor vehicle declarations, advocacy groups and the Justice Department challenged the program in court, arguing naturalized citizens were being removed from the voter rolls.

The advocacy groups quoted Prince William County Registrar Eric Olsen, who said at an election board meeting Sept. 30 that his office reviewed 162 people listed as noncitizens in the state’s computer system and found 43 had voted previously. But his office checked and found all 43 had verified their citizenship − some as many as five times − but were still dropped from voter rolls.

A Trump supporter who was purged from the rolls told Cardinal News he suspects he forgot to mark his citizenship status on the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles form when he renewed his driver’s license.

Another voter, who showed NPR her passport, said she doesn’t know why the DMV incorrectly recorded her as a noncitizen.

In addition to blocking further purges, U.S. District Judge Patricia Giles ordered the state to restore the registrations of those canceled since Aug. 7 because federal law prohibits voter purges within 90 days of an election when voters may not have enough time to fix errors. A federal appeals court upheld that decision.

But Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares told the Supreme Court the federal “quiet period” provision doesn’t apply to removing noncitizens from the voter rolls because they never should have been on the rolls.

Even if a citizen is mistakenly purged from the rolls, Miyares said, that person can re-register to vote and cast a provisional ballot.

The Justice Department argued that Virginia could still investigate specific individuals – including any of the 1,600 – it suspects are noncitizens but can’t use a broad-based removal method this close to an election.

“Everyone agrees that States can and should remove ineligible voters, including noncitizens, from their voter rolls,” Solicitor General Elizabeth Prelogar told the Supreme Court. “The only question in this case is when and how they may do so.”

Studies have found a negligible number of suspected noncitizens vote, presumably because of the threat of criminal charges and deportation if caught. Studies by the Brennan Center for Justice and the libertarian Cato Institute have found noncitizen voting is essentially nonexistent.

But Republicans have made removal of suspected noncitizens a focus of their voter integrity lawsuits this year.

So, leftist studies show non-citizens aren’t on the voter rolls? Really? Despite proof that they are? How — uhm — LEFTIST of them.

Categories
America's Heartland Commentary Economy Government Overreach Leftist Virtue(!) Links from other news sources. Opinion Politics The Courts Work Place

Beating the left in court.

Beating the left in court. Amsterdam NY was like one of the Midwest rustbelt cities. Their manufacturing was gone and all that was left was empty buildings.

Anthony Constantino has been buying the old buildings and brining back manufacturing. So far1,500 jobs. In the one building he put his company Sticker Mule. On top of it he put a huge Vote Trump sign.

The leftist mayor went to court and got a temporary injunction. Supporters of the former president in upstate New York won a last-minute court victory allowing them to illuminate a 100-foot wide “Vote for Trump” sign — despite their city’s effort to block the massive political endorsement.

The judge lifted the temporary restraining order in the nick of time, after hearing oral arguments on the case, ending at around 5:30 p.m. Monday. The mayor and lawyers claimed the sign posed a risk to the drivers on the highway. The judge agreed to vacate her prior order on the grounds that the sign is sufficiently far from highways and doesn’t pose a danger.

Categories
Biden Cartel Censorship Commentary Corruption Democrat Elections Government Overreach Links from other news sources. Opinion Politics The Courts The Law Voter Fraud

If this is what we have to do to win. 90 Lawsuits filed against voter fraud.

If this is what we have to do to win. 90 Lawsuits filed against voter fraud.

In many of the states and counties you have Democrats trying to go around or just totally ignore present law.

“Our legal efforts are fighting to fix the problems in the system, hold election officials accountable, protect election safeguards and defend the law. While Democrats want a system open to fraud without safeguards, that counts illegal votes, we are committed to securing the election so every legal vote is protected,” Gineen Bresso, who is running the election integrity operation for the Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign, said in a statement.

Categories
Back Door Power Grab Biden Cartel Commentary Corruption Democrat Elections Government Overreach Harris Cartel Links from other news sources. The Courts

Winning. Ninth time the courts tell Michigan to stop cheating.

Winning. Ninth time the courts tell Michigan to stop cheating. The Secretary of State continues to try and cheat. The latest trick she tried was to have the local election boards to ignore not signed and dated mail in ballots.

Michael Whatley on X: “Great election integrity news out of battleground Michigan. Clerks were counting mail ballots without proof of signature verification, opening the door to fraud. The @GOP sued. Result? Ballots will now only be counted after proof that signatures are verified — a key win.” / X

This was the NINTH lawsuit Jocelyn Benson has lost to the Republican Party. As we move closer to the upcoming election, it will be crucial to closely monitor how this decision plays out and what implications it may have for future elections.

Categories
Back Door Power Grab Commentary Corruption Links from other news sources. MSM Opinion Politics The Courts

Appeals Court Revives Sarah Palin’s Defamation Lawsuit Against New York Times.

Appeals Court Revives Sarah Palin’s Defamation Lawsuit Against New York Times.

I’m sure you heard where Palin lost a case against the NY Times. What you didn’t hear was that the sitting judge dismissed the case while the jury was deliberating the case. The jury was given the judge’s decision and guess what? They ruled against Palin. But not the end of the case.

A three-judge panel of the Second Circuit held Wednesday that Rakoff had acted improperly and ordered a new trial.

From the decision:

We first reinstated the case in August 2019 following an initial dismissal by the district court (Rakoff, J.) under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6). Palin’s claim was subsequently tried before a jury but, while the jury was deliberating, the district court dismissed the case again—this time under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 50. We conclude that the district court’s Rule 50 ruling improperly intruded on the province of the jury by making credibility determinations, weighing evidence, and ignoring facts or inferences that a reasonable juror could plausibly have found to support Palin’s case.

Categories
America's Heartland Commentary Crime Government Overreach Links from other news sources. Opinion The Courts

Awesome recent court rulings. Including one on a good shoot.

Awesome recent court rulings. Including one on a good shoot.

Let’s look at some recent court rulings that show justice is not dead.

A U.S. District Judge has officially dropped key federal charges against former Louisville Police Detective Joshua Jaynes and Former Sgt. Kyle Meany regarding their alleged ‘involvement’ in Breonna Taylor’s death, which occurred back in 2020. Good Shoot.

This week, U.S. District Judge Charles Simpson ruled that the officers in the case were not responsible for Taylor’s death, instead laying the blame at the feet of her criminal boyfriend, who opened fire on police the night of the raid.

A Michigan judge ruled that independent presidential candidate Cornel West must appear on the state’s ballot.

Federal Judge rules RFK Jr. can sue Biden administration over alleged censorship of charity that questions vaccines.

Court halts NY attorney general from violating pregnancy centers’ freedom of speech
Federal court allows pro-life centers to tell women about abortion pill reversal option while case proceeds.

A judge has temporarily halted enforcement of a Colorado ban on what experts consider unproven treatments to reverse medical abortions at a religious clinic that alleged in a lawsuit that the newly signed law violated its Constitutional rights.

Judge Daniel Domenico, who noted that Colorado is the only state to ban the treatment, issued the temporary restraining order over the weekend after Bella Health and Wellness argued that barring them from prescribing the so-called “abortion pill reversal” treatment violates their First Amendment right to free speech and religious exercise.

Supreme Court Allows Arizona to Enforce, for Now, Law Tightening New Voter Registrations.

Categories
Back Door Power Grab Biden Biden Cartel Commentary Government Overreach Harris Harris Cartel Links from other news sources. Opinion Politics The Courts

Biden’s new Supreme Court reform proposals are mostly useless.

Biden’s new Supreme Court reform proposals are mostly useless. Two things we know for sure. No changes this year for the Supreme Court. Odds are it won’t even come up for a vote. And next year the Republicans will control the Senat for sure. So forget about it.

The ethics code would be unenforceable. Biden forgets that there’s a thing called seperation of powers. Even the fanatics at VOX agree.

 

Categories
Biden Cartel Commentary Links from other news sources. MSM The Courts Trump

Short and sweet. Court rules that Trump case against ABC, George Stephanopoulos can move forward.

Short and sweet. Court rules that Trump case against ABC, George Stephanopoulos can move forward. I have to believe that this comes as a total shock to those who are involved. Ten times George repeated the lie.

The lawsuit stems from comments Stephanopoulos made in March when he falsely asserted that Trump was found “liable for rape” in a civil case against the Republican White House hopeful.

“A jury may, upon viewing the segment, find there was sufficient context. But a reasonable jury could conclude Plaintiff was defamed and, as a result, dismissal is inappropriate,” Judge Cecilia Altonaga of United States District Court in Miami ruled Wednesday.